Part of the entertainment landscape in Joburg in the mid 20th Century was the Drive-In Cinema. Sadly the last one, the Velskoen Drive -In, will disappear in a week or so. See http://findingjozi.co.za/reminiscing-an-ode-to-velskoen-drive-in/ I remember when I was about 10 or so my mother taking me to see what turned out to be quite a scary movie at [...]
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank
- Strains of Scotland the Brave grace the suburb of Craighall Park
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week: The Jan Smuts Art strip
- Opening on Thursday night: Marx at Goodman and Wilsenach at Circa