Two great short BBC video clips on Joburg. One uses diamond cutting in Joburg CBD , a day in Soweto and a hip young radio talk show host to give a sense of the contrasts and differing social and economic demographics of Joburg http://www.bbc.com/travel/video/one-day-in/20121002-johannesburg While the other http://www.bbc.com/travel/video/one-day-in/20121010-johannesburgs-new-cultural-hotspots looks at the regeneration of Braamfontein. Not [...]
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank
- Strains of Scotland the Brave grace the suburb of Craighall Park
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week: The Jan Smuts Art strip