Guests from Australia who stayed recently at Liz at Lancaster had been around South Africa on the Shongololo Express. Shongololo is a colloquial South African word for a millipede. These creatures have hard segmented exteriors and coil themselves into a spiral when threatened – hence their name which comes from the Zulu ukusongo meaning ‘roll [...]
- Pick of the Week: Exploring Jozi with Joburg Places
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Besides having one of the best climates in the world, Jozi has much to offer …
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank