Have posted before on what is new and happening in Braamfontein. The ‘Renaissance’ includes: the Neighbourhood Goods Market , the South Point building refurbishments for urban accommodation (sorely needed for Wits students), and the public art, starting with Van den Berg’s iconic Eland marking the entry into Braamies from the north and including the quirky metal [...]
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank
- Strains of Scotland the Brave grace the suburb of Craighall Park
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week: The Jan Smuts Art strip