Getting around Joburg without your own car is a challenge. For more on this see http://www.lizatlancaster.co.za/info/transport.html. However, various initiatives and infrastructural developments have been introduced with varying degrees of success. The Gautrain running between the airport, Pretoria and Joburg Central, with stops on the way, is very fast, clean, safe and effective but unfortunately quite [...]
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank
- Strains of Scotland the Brave grace the suburb of Craighall Park
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week: The Jan Smuts Art strip