There has been recent controversy around Joburg using the line ‘ A World Class African City’ in its advertising and marketing. I came across Michael Clark’s article – brief but interesting – around what it might mean to be a “world class city” and who defines the criteria. See http://futurecapetown.com/2013/08/thoughts-on-a-world-class-african-city/#.UhYAf3-0wTA I particularly like 2 of [...]
- Pick of the Week: Exploring Jozi with Joburg Places
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Besides having one of the best climates in the world, Jozi has much to offer …
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank