I recently visited the Barnato High School in Berea to do some scoping for a possible heritage report and was fascinated to discover that the Braamfontien Spruit rises in the grounds of this school. Apparently when Barnato built his mansion in Berea in 1897 (It was demolished in 1962) he created a lake in front of [...]
- Pick of the Week: Exploring Jozi with Joburg Places
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Besides having one of the best climates in the world, Jozi has much to offer …
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank