A couple of years back I wrote a blog about using minibus taxis to get around Joburg and the kind of local knowledge that is required to do so. See www.lizatlancaster.co.za/blog/finger-in-the-air-where-do-you-want-to-go . I included an image of the cover of Susan Woolf’s book of taxi signs published in 2007. For nine years Woolf has been [...]
- Pick of the Week: Exploring Jozi with Joburg Places
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Besides having one of the best climates in the world, Jozi has much to offer …
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank