You can follow any responses to this entry through the
RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
- Martin Y Sicilia Nobody can take away the good times we’ve had – Disturbing subject matter, realistic style at Galley Momo 7th Ave Parktown North until 15th October
- Nadine Hutton’s photographic exhibition I. Joburg at Room 70, Juta St until 29th September
- At Kim Sacks Gallery Traversing shows the works of 3 women potters: Kim Sacks herself, Clementina Van Der Walt, and Priscilla Mouritzen. On until 8th October
- New work by Helen Joseph at In Toto Gallery, 6 Birdhaven Centre, 66 st. Andrew Street, Birdhaven until 8th October
- Unity Collection Exhibition at the old Bus factory in President St, Newtown
- On unitil 12th October. Group showing of work by the talented up and coming artists in Unity’s stable.
- Stand Alone by Fiona Pole is on at AOP at 44 Stanley St Auckland Park until 29th Sept
- A group show of painting and sculptures curated by Carol Lee Fine Art runs at Upstairs@Bamboo in Melville until 23rd Sept. Works tend to be small scale and reasonably priced.
- At Everard Read from 11th October to 3rd Nov Zwelethu Mthethwa is showing
- Wayne Barker’s Loveland shows at Circa on Jellicoe until 6th October. Includes some amazing bead pieces which reference Pierneef landscapes.
- Showing at Wits Art Museum until 14 Oct and curated by Corinne Diserens is Santu Mofokeng’s really important retrospective, Chasing Shadows: 30 Years of Photographic Essays. Sadly, Like Johannesburg Art Gallery, WAM does not have a website. Extraordinary in this age of internet communication that institutions of this stature do not have websites.
- Opening on 21st Sept is another show at Wits Art Museum: Wits treasures . Coinciding with Wits 90th birthday celebration, this exhibition showcases some of the amazing items that Wits houses including the famous fossils, some of the amazing African art items and Mandela’s original diaries.
- Nirox Projects at Arts on Main: An exhibition of new works by Luan Nel and Joachim Schonfeldt opens on 23rd Sept
- Tags: AOP 44 stanley ave, Arts on Main, Circa Art Gallery, Circa on Jellicoe, Everard Read Gallery, Gallery Momo, In Toto Gallery, Kim Sacks Gallery, Maboneng Precinct, Nirox Arts on Main, Room 70 Juta St, Rosebank Accommodation, Rosebank Guesthouses, Santu Mofokeng, Self-catering Rosebank, The PArks Region, Unity gallery, Upstairs at Bamboo, Upstairs@bamboo, WAM, Wits Art Museum