Jenny Hobbs co-founder of the Franschhoek Literary Festival and author of at least 8 books will be talling about here new book Kitchen Boy at the Morningside branch of the Exlcusive Books at 11 am on Tuesday 12th. You can have a day of book launches as in the evening Mandy Wiener will talk to David O’Sullivan about here book on Kebble and the Joburg Underworld at Villa Arcadia, Hollard Campus 22 Oxford Road, Parktown. But you’ll have to RSVP camillatwigg@iburst,co.za and cough up R130 for drinks and snacks. On Saturday 9th April at 12.30 my favourite bookshop Boekehuis will be host their Saturday Voices when Hugh Lewin will talk about his new book Stones against the Mirror – his memoir on friendship in the time of the South African struggle. Boekehuis is on the corner of Lothbury and Fawley streets, Auckland Park RSVP 011 482 3609 or Boekehuis@boekehuis.co.za
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank
- Strains of Scotland the Brave grace the suburb of Craighall Park
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week: The Jan Smuts Art strip
- Opening on Thursday night: Marx at Goodman and Wilsenach at Circa