All South African mobile phone SIM cards must now be registered under strict new legislation which came into force on 1st July. From that date mobile telecommunications providers operating in the country are required to record a customer’s cell phone number, full name, identity number or passport number and address before activating a new SIM card. This means that should you want to pick up a local SIM card at the airport or on your way to Liz at Lancaster, you will need proof of address during your stay here. In this case please inform me before your departure, so that I can make advance arrangements.
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank
- Strains of Scotland the Brave grace the suburb of Craighall Park
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week: The Jan Smuts Art strip