Songs of Migration, a musical tribute to the great songs of migrants across the African continent, has been created by trumpeter, composer and lyricist Hugh Masekela and written and directed by award-winning director James Ngcobo. It features the multi-talented and soulful Sibongile Khumalo. D uring the late 19th century, indigenous people started to migrate to the towns that had emerged out of the mining operation dumps. These new migrants brought with them their music, traditional costumes, musical instruments, songs, ceremonies and dance. It is these stories and this music which from the material for Songs of Migration . Tuesdays – Saturdays @ 20h00 Sundays @ 15h00 Ticket prices: Tues – R60, Wed & Thurs – R90, Fri & Sat – R150, Sun – R100
- Pick of the Week: Exploring Jozi with Joburg Places
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Besides having one of the best climates in the world, Jozi has much to offer …
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank