The opening of the Gautrain station at Rosebank is beginning to make a difference to people who want to stay in the Parks region of Johannesburg (the greater Rosebank Region) despite doing business further afield. A guest staying at Liz at Lancaster at the moment is working at a corporate office in Isando but did not want to stay over in the east near the airport. He takes the Gautrain daily from the Rosebank Station to Rhodesfield and then gets a lift from a colleauge from the office nearby the station – 25 minutes door to door. Increasingly it seems the Gautrain will be used by commuters so it’s a pity that the opening of the Rosebank to Joburg Central link is delayed (now not due to open before April 2013) See http://www.rosebank.co.za/view/index/gautrain_to_open_soon/62/1/139
- Pick of the Week: Exploring Jozi with Joburg Places
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Besides having one of the best climates in the world, Jozi has much to offer …
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank