It’s Women’s Day in South Africa this Sunday 9th August. It marks the day in 1956 when 20,000 women, in an extraordinary brave, resolute and powerful show of protest, marched to the Union Buildings in Pretoria to protest against the extension of the pass laws to women. Although I am sorry to be missing commemorative celebrations here in Joburg, I am very excited to be getting a 5 day break in the Kruger Park. Will upload further blogs next week when I return next week.
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank
- Strains of Scotland the Brave grace the suburb of Craighall Park
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week: The Jan Smuts Art strip
- Opening on Thursday night: Marx at Goodman and Wilsenach at Circa