Laurice Taitz is one of Jozi’s champions, particularly of the inner city. Here she writes about some of the public artworks among the 50 odd sites around Johannesburg. Her anecdote about a man coming up to her near Diagonal Street and begging her to take him to America, speaks volumes. His assumption that she must be American as only foreigners and not local South Africans are interested in the inner city, is a sad inditement indeed. For the full article see: http://todoinjoburg.co.za/2011/11/public-art-in-joburg-the-west-side-story/. Laurice then offers 4 options for a snack break along the way. http://todoinjoburg.co.za/2011/11/public-art-in-joburg-the-west-side-story-part-ii/
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank
- Strains of Scotland the Brave grace the suburb of Craighall Park
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week: The Jan Smuts Art strip