Had a wonderful dinner with friends last night outside on their terrace overloooking Saxonwold and Killarney with Rosebank on the opposite hill top where all the cranes attest to the major building activity around the new Standard Bank satellite campus. Was one of those glorious balmy Highveld summer nights under a cloudless clear starry night sky. So what’s happening with the planets over the next few weeks?
Venus and Jupiter have been in our early evening skies for the past few months – Venus is the very bright “evening star” in the west; Jupiter is almost as bright, in the north-west (higher and to the right of Venus).
Over the next few weeks, the two planets will appear to move closer to and then past each other. Watch out especially for:
* Moon passing Venus & Jupiter - 25th to 27th Feb
* Venus passing Jupiter – 13th March
* Moon passing Jupiter & Venus – 25th – 27th March
* Venus near the young crescent Moon – 26th March
- Pick of the Week: Exploring Jozi with Joburg Places
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Besides having one of the best climates in the world, Jozi has much to offer …
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank