At last a new restaurant has opened at the end of our block – a five minute walk from the Guest House. After the closing of Tre Gatti (see blog Neighbourhood Restaurants of 7 June), Ami 011 447 4648 opened on 11th July. Offering a small sophisticated menu, 4 starters vary in price from R40 to R70 and 4 main courses range from R80 to R110. There are such mouth watering dishes as roasted tomato and goats cheese with olive tapenade in short crust pastry and duck breast roasted in plum sauce and mint. And how does this sound to end the meal: honey and lavender creme brulee with pecan nut short bread. There is also a lunch menu offering lighter meals. Decor is crisp and clean in contrasting black and white. The outside area provides a nice place to mellow out in the winter sun and read the papers and to relax over a glass of chilled white wine on a warm summer’s evening. Inside the clean lines are continued into the cocktail bar with its contemporary look and feel.
- Pick of the Week: Exploring Jozi with Joburg Places
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Besides having one of the best climates in the world, Jozi has much to offer …
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank