A sign of the times that the restaurants at the end of the block have all closed down, BUT ….. there are 2 excellent restaurants very nearby: Cnr Café 011 880-2244 and a half blocks away and Pronto 011 447 4346 in the Colony Centre 5 and a half blocks away. Both closed Mondays but Giles which is also a great vibey pub – is open on Mondays 011 442-4056. While Liz at Lancaster can do suppers on request and given a day’s warning, if you are staying for an extended length of time The Market Place nearby does excellent home-cooked pre-packed frozen meals. I can always buy in for you should you wish.
- Pick of the Week: Exploring Jozi with Joburg Places
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Besides having one of the best climates in the world, Jozi has much to offer …
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank