There has been a long silence on my blog as I was out of action for a couple of weeks in September. So energy levels coming back and lots to catch up on. The rains have come, the days are crisp and clear with new spring shoots washed and sparkling, and the dry and burnt dustbowl of nearby Delta Park has transformed into a softer more inviting green parkland. With the Spring Art Tour this weekend the Joburg art scene is buzzing. Part of the first stage of the REA VAYA (Bus Rapid Transport system) is up and running (took a ride myself); it’s 247 days to World Cup Soccer and the press is buzzing with revelations being made in the current trials of various public officials. There is lot’s on the go.
- Pick of the Week: Exploring Jozi with Joburg Places
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Besides having one of the best climates in the world, Jozi has much to offer …
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank