At the end of September we bid farewell to a guest who had stayed with us for 5 months. It’s a long time to be away from home so we were delighted that he felt so comfortable here and felt that it was a ‘home away from home’. With offices in Parktown the drive to work was really quick and painless and he had access to restaurants and all the neighbourhood buzz that the Parks offers. So he just loved Joburg and sadly has now been seconded to work in Lagos for a couple of months which he says is really very tough. And the hotel is not ’1000th as good as Liz at Lancaster’. We hope that his further time away from his home in Milan goes quickly for him. For his review on Tripadvisor see http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g312578-d574068-r179796434-Liz_at_Lancaster_Guesthouse-Johannesburg_Greater_Johannesburg_Gauteng.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank
- Strains of Scotland the Brave grace the suburb of Craighall Park
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week: The Jan Smuts Art strip