The fourth fair Joburg Art Fair is taking place from September 23 to 25. Artlogic director Ross Douglas says: “By moving the fair to September we hope to contribute to what is becoming an art season in the city.” About 23 galleries will be showcasing the work by their artists; some old favourites and some newcomers on the scene. Some of South Africa’s top wine estates and Mastrantonio Food Services have been added to enhance the standard of the show.
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank
- Strains of Scotland the Brave grace the suburb of Craighall Park
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week: The Jan Smuts Art strip