Jozi has some great theatre and live shows at the moment. Saw ‘Chilli Boy’ last week. An old play back for a re-run, but missed it last time around- very funny one-man comedy, amazing acting performance. Runs till 6th Nov. Completely different was ‘The Girl with the Yellow Dress’ (again a re-run which first opened at the Grahamstown Festival in 2010) – powerful drama showing at the Market until 11th Dec. For more reviews see http://markettheatre.co.za/shows/watch/girl-in-the-yellow-dress Am looking forward to the ‘Kiss of the Spiderwoman’ – the 1st time this 1980s award winning Tony play has been performed in Joburg. On at the Joburg Theatre for a very short run from 26/10 to 6/11.
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank
- Strains of Scotland the Brave grace the suburb of Craighall Park
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week: The Jan Smuts Art strip