Except for Sunday evening, Ami is open everyday for lunch and dinner. So … one of the few restaurants open on a Monday evening. The menu has also been changed so light salad lunches and sandwiches are now on offer – all very reasonably priced. The dinner menu is varied and reflects the expertise of the new chef (who was previously the chef on SA’s world famous luxury Blue Train). We have a special arrangement with Ami restaurant whereby, at no charge, you will be driven back to Liz at Lancaster at the end of your meal. And should you be travelling on your own and not want to eat out, Ami will deliver a plated meal from their menu to Liz at Lancaster. Ami also has an exceptional range of Champagnes (around 16 names) and at least 12 Cap Classiques (South African ‘bubblies’), as well as a very extensive, unusual and reasonable wine list. Enjoy a glass of Bubbly with some Southern African oysters (from Knysna or Namibia). High teas are planned over week-end afternoons and there will be a special South African Sunday lunch once a month. See blog of 12th July with photos.
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank
- Strains of Scotland the Brave grace the suburb of Craighall Park
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week: The Jan Smuts Art strip
- Opening on Thursday night: Marx at Goodman and Wilsenach at Circa