Went to opening of Jeanette Unite’s exhibition ‘Head Gear’ last night at Gold of Africa Museum. Large scale works depict fragments of mining head gear in a powerful bold drawing style. Anglo Gold Ashanti’s extraordinary ‘new’ building – the old Turbine Hall in Newtown, provides the perfect setting. More on Anglo Gold’s fine and sensitive adaptation and renovation of the Turbine Hall in a future blog.
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank
- Strains of Scotland the Brave grace the suburb of Craighall Park
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week: The Jan Smuts Art strip