Now in its eighth year, The FNB Whisky Live Festival has grown into the largest whisky and lifestyle event of its kind, attracting more visitors and brands than any other whisky festival globally. According to the Scotch Whisky Association, South Africa is the fifth largest Scotch market by volume in the world. Last year’s FNB Whisky Live visitor breakdown showed that 73% of the total visitors were aged below 45 and the profile of whisky drinker is changing to include more women, and younger, upwardly mobile adults.
When: 10-12 Nov 18h00 to 22h00 daily .
Where: Sandton Convention Centre
Price: Tickets to the Tasting Hall cost R180, with a range of other ticketing options available through Webtickets from 15th September, including the multi-day passes/group bookings and the new Tasting Hall/Food Deli ticket.
Tip: The FNB Whisky Live Festival promotes responsible drinking. No persons under the age of 18 years old will be allowed into the Tasting Hall, and dedicated driver tickets are available. Discounted food vouchers and a bottle of Valpre mineral water are included in the ticket price, and taxis will be on hand to ensure that everyone in your party is able to have a good time.
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank
- Strains of Scotland the Brave grace the suburb of Craighall Park
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week: The Jan Smuts Art strip