The Film Festival at Brazil Sensational Experience starts tomorrow! They are all Brazilian films with football as their key theme.
The Film Festival is open to everyone, but registration is required as capacity is limited. Films will be in Portuguese with English subtitles and will run between 16:00 and 18:00 on the dates listed below.
Wednesday 30 June: Linha de Passe – The story of four boys living on the outskirts of Sao Paulo who have to fight to achieve their dreams. One of them sees hope for a better life as a soccer player.
Thursday 1 July: Boleiros (Soccer Players 1) – A group of retired soccer players meet in a bar in Sao Paulo and talk about their major passion
Sunday 4 July: Garrincha, Estrela Solitaria (Garrincha, the Lonely Star) – A biography of soccer player Manuel dos Santos comparing the world soccer myth and the humble hinterland man.
Monday 5 July: 16:00 – 18:00
a. Cartao Vermelho (Red Card) – A short film about a young girl who likes to play soccer with the boys and
b. O dia em que o Brasil esteve aqui (The Day Brazil was here) – A documentary on the visit of the Brazilian National team to Port-au-Prince, capital of Haiti, the poorest country in the Americas in 2004
- Pick of the Week: Exploring Jozi with Joburg Places
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Besides having one of the best climates in the world, Jozi has much to offer …
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank