Photographer Chris Saunders presents S’phara Phara, a photo essay that documents the The Real Actions Pantsula Dance Crew from Orange Farm. S’phara Phara is originally derived from the sound that trains make when riding over railway sleepers describing the constant and rhythmic knocking sound over sleepers. This has been adopted to describe the sound of dancers feet when they are dancing Pantsula, an energetic township style particular to South Africa. For more see http://www.rosebank.co.za/view/index/pantsula_hits_rosebank/62/1/131 Resolution GAllery is located at Unit 4 Chester Court , 142 Jan Smuts Avenue, Lower Rosebank ; 20th August to 17 September
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank
- Strains of Scotland the Brave grace the suburb of Craighall Park
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week: The Jan Smuts Art strip
- Opening on Thursday night: Marx at Goodman and Wilsenach at Circa