In 2004 I wrote an article entitled ‘Re-envisioning Greater Johannesburg South African Development in the first decade after Democracy’ African Arts Winter 2004. Back then I wrote about how, post 1994, the Gauteng Provincial Government had earmarked funds to the tune of R3.5 billion for the development of various programs to revitalize Greater Johannesburg. Several [...]
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank
- Strains of Scotland the Brave grace the suburb of Craighall Park
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week: The Jan Smuts Art strip
- Opening on Thursday night: Marx at Goodman and Wilsenach at Circa