The Maropeng Visitor Centre recently launched a new walking tour to give amateur paleoanthropologists insight into the exciting fossil record to be found in the Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site. The new half-day tour called Bone Detectives is an introduction to human evolution and how fossils provides clues about our ancestors who lived millions of years ago. The tour is hosted by Brendon Billings, a young up-and-coming scientist from the University of Witwatersrand. Billings has always been passionate about the world around him and through these tours he is sharing his passion and knowledge with people interested in human heritage. The tour costs R350 per a person and includes a fun interactive learning session plus a tour of the Sterkfontein Caves followed by a delicious picnic buffet overlooking the beautiful World Heritage Site. To book phone Maropeng on +27 (0) 14 577 9000
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank
- Strains of Scotland the Brave grace the suburb of Craighall Park
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week: The Jan Smuts Art strip
- Opening on Thursday night: Marx at Goodman and Wilsenach at Circa