Far from being just another curio outlet, togu’na shop offers a collection of traditional and contemporary pieces that are tailored to suit the specific needs of every customer. The owner and director Lara Tatley has sourced an exquisite collection of pieces from all over Africa and runs the showroom in Parktown North with her husband Duncan Taylor who directs the workshop from his premises in Johannesburg CBD. The duo, who have recently returned from showcasing at the New York Gift Fair in collaboration with Source SA, have a passion for all things African and have developed a new design of the popular Bamileke stool working with villagers in the heart of the Cameroon rainforest. If you would like to see their contemporary African collection for yourself, or have an interest in more traditional pieces you are welcome to visit their beautiful showroom in Parktown North or their website at www.toguna.co.za.
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank
- Strains of Scotland the Brave grace the suburb of Craighall Park
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week: The Jan Smuts Art strip