I have blogged before about one of Jozi’s best kept secrets – Nirox Sculpture Park out in the Cradle … http://lizatlancaster.co.za/blog/76 and http://lizatlancaster.co.za/blog/taking-cultural-symbols-out-of-context-nirox-sculpture-park , and now there is another opportunity to go out and experience this gem of a parkland. Do yourselves a favour and make a trip out there to see Eric Pladevall’s massive sculptures in his exhibition entitled The Mystery of the Elements which runs from 9 October to 15 December. So don your hat and walkings shoes, pack your hamper with some chilled white wine, great cheeses and breads, and be prepared to be blown away by both the sculpture and the setting. There will be a parallel exhibition of Pladevall’s work at Circa Gallery from 7-28 October.
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank
- Strains of Scotland the Brave grace the suburb of Craighall Park
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week: The Jan Smuts Art strip