Project 2010 [Issue 157] reports: ‘National Arts Festival organisers are in the throes of putting together a massive programme to coincide with the 2010 World Cup. The Herald reports that the 2010 festival in Grahamstown has been extended to 15 days from the normal 10 and the hopes are that soccer fans will pour into the City of Saints to lap up South African art and culture.Grahamstown-based festival director Ismail Mahomed said festinos could look forward to shows from every continent in addition to the best South African theatre had to offer.’
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank
- Strains of Scotland the Brave grace the suburb of Craighall Park
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week: The Jan Smuts Art strip