I had a rushed visit to Umhlaba, the photographic exhibition marking the centenary of the 1913 Natives Land Act, which is currently showing at Wits Art Museum. Because of the topic – the contested nature of land and landscape in South African society, this exhibition cannot be anything but tough and hard-hitting. Superbly [...]
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank
- Strains of Scotland the Brave grace the suburb of Craighall Park
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week: The Jan Smuts Art strip