The gentle images of a sleeping child shown in prints on the wall are contrasted with themes of sacrifice, violence, dismemberment and war in a tightly conceived and impressive exhibition by Grahamstown artist Christine Dixie, currently showing at AOP [Arts on Paper] 44 Stanley Ave until this Saturday 29th May. The artist describes her installation: ‘ In the [...]
- Pick of the Week: Screening of Kentridge’s NY Met production of The Nose at Cinema Nouveau
- Will this revival of Newtown be the one that works?
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week 25th Nov: Piece in the Firs, Rosebank
- Strains of Scotland the Brave grace the suburb of Craighall Park
- Liz at Lancaster’s Pick of the Week: The Jan Smuts Art strip